Friday, April 29, 2011

Saluting the Sun

Waking up to such a gorgeous, sunny day has inspired me to talk about Surya Namaskara - Sun Salutations!

I think a lot of practitioners see Surya Namaskara as something to get through at the beginning of practice. I, myself, tend to "push through" my rounds of sun salutations motivated by the need to warm my body up enough to continue onto the standing sequence. But the sun coming through my window this morning has reminded me of a different side of this asanas series, saluting the sun!

Today, when you start your practice with Surya Namaskara, think about the energy of a fresh, new, bright morning. Bring that energy inside you and let it power you through your practice. At the end of the practice, you may find yourself feeling refreshed and renewed - like waking up to a beautiful new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment