Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seeing Without Eyes

The most powerful things are unseen. 
LIVING YOUR YOGA: The unseen atom holds tremendous power. There is also power in other unseen things: love, friendship, forgiveness. Today remember to trust the power of the unseen.
I moved on from my daily posts from Lasater's, A Year of Living Your Yoga, but today's coincided so wonderfully with an event that occurred this afternoon, I wanted to share.

This afternoon, after the lunchtime Yoga Nidra class, I packed up my belongings as usual to go for lunch. I put my backpack over my shoulder, turned of the light, locked the door, and closed it behind me. Then I realized my keys were inside. I knew I should just call the property manager to see if he could meet me with his spare key, but I decided to try getting in on my own first. I will save you the details, but suffice it to say I would make a terrible thief. As I was trying to move the latch with a hair clip one of my neighbors came by. Before I knew it, she and her coworker had joined in my effort. We had just pulled out the hammer to try to disassemble the hinges when the property manager arrived. We all laughed and the property manager opened the door for me. My keys were right where I left them. As I locked the door behind me a second time I was struck by one of those powerful unseen things - spontaneous camaraderie. I barely know the women who came to my aid today, but they were almost more intent on getting inside the room than I was! It was a beautiful illustration of the relationships we have the potential to form with every single person we encounter.

Just a little fun - do you see an old woman or a young woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment