Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day One - Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce

I survived day one of the cleanse! =) I had a little bit of a headache starting late morning through early evening. It could have been caffeine withdrawal - those who know me know that I have a serious love of caffeine - but it didn't deter me from doing anything I usually would. Another symptom that may be connected with cutting caffeine, I slept incredibly well!

I finally bought a blender yesterday which is a vital part of being able to do this cleanse (hello, smoothies). I tested it out on a great little recipe for Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce. It's from the booklet that came with the stuff we're taking for the cleanse.

Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce

3 medium red bell peppers
Balsamic Vinegar

1. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds
2. Place peppers skin side up on a cookie sheet
3. Broil peppers on the top rack of oven until skins are completely black
4. Remove from the oven and cool
5. Peel/wash the burnt skin from the peppers
6. In a blender, add the peppers and a splash of balsamic vinegar and puree
7. Add salt and pepper to taste

I used it on a baked potato, but it would be wonderful on ANYTHING!

2 comments:

  1. This roasting and skin removal works for Egg Plant as well. It can be done on the barbecue in the summer in which case you put the skin down on the barbecue rack.Roasted egg plant is the key ingredient in the Middle Eastern "Baba Ghanoush".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love eggplant! That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete